Project BORDERNETwork 2010-2012
IV. ACTIVITIES/ AREAS OF COOPERATION — Access to early HIV/STI diagnostic for vulnerable groups (WP6)
1. PARTNERS INVOLVED
WP Leader: National Institute for Health Development, NIHD, Estonia
Associated Partners involved: AHW (AT), HESED (BG), AISC (EE), AHP DE), PZ (LV), SPWSZ (PL), POMOST (PL), ARAS (RO), PRIMA (SK)
2. SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE
To intensify efforts for two years in early diagnosis of HIV and STIs for most at risk groups based on human rights and gender equity and to decrease the number of those unaware of their infection status.
3. DESCRIPTION OF THE WORK
Efforts will be pooled in HIV/STI testing and counselling (VCT) and STI diagnostic highlighting the crucial role of civil society organizations in early provision of HIV/STI services to marginalized and vulnerable groups. NGOs and state public health agencies will exchange best practices, assess effective intervention models, and develop approaches to optimal early diagnostic service provision for high risk groups (SWs, IDUs, ROMA).
Steps: -Review of the available HIV/STI VCT services for the high risk groups in partner countries; -Assessment of quality of HIV/STI VCT services based on Code of Good Practice for NGOs; -Piloting different models for offering HIV&STI VCT (on-site provision versus referral to general health care system) to improve uptake of services; -Workshop in Tallinn to exchange knowledge and best practices on HIV/STI VCT related services, guidelines and policies; -Exchange visits for HIV/STI VCT service providers including outreach workers.
4. DELIVERABLES PRODUCED
D7: Exchange workshop on best practices in early HIV/STIs diagnostic for most at risk groups (IDUs and SWs).
- Download 20091202_D07-02_OTH-18_EN_PS here (4.84 MByte)
5. HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WORK
Mapping and situation assessment
Instruments for situation assessment
- Time-Frame WP6 (23.83 KByte)
1. Access to early HIV and STI diagnostics for vulnerable groups. Desk review on HIV/STI services for vulnerable groups
- Desk Review (2.11 MByte)
2. Access to early HIV and STI diagnostics for vulnerable groups. Country profiles
- Country Profiles (2.49 MByte)
3. Access to early HIV and STI diagnostics for vulnerable groups. Self-assessment of the voluntary counselling and testing services
- Code of good Practice (2.14 MByte)
4. Improving access to early HIV/STI diagnostics for vulnerable groups. Learning from practice: a practical recommendation guide
- Practical recomendation guide (2.58 MByte)